We want to thank EVERYONE who came out and supported us at the first annual St. Brancoveni ROC Fall Festival at Holy Ghost Park!
You came, you ate, you donated and you danced, and you danced, and you danced some more! We renewed old friendships and made new ones… and we all just had a great time! That it was a HUGE SUCCESS cannot be denied but could not have been realized without you, your friends and families!
We started the day with a lovely outdoor Holy Liturgy celebration beautifully served by Fr. Vincentiu and a full choir in the morning followed by the event itself. We were blessed with great weather and the presence of Fr. Cornel, Fr Peter and Fr Patrick.
A really BIG THANK YOU goes out to a long list of people
- Our grill master extraordinaire Sorin as well as Emil, Victor, Costel , Gil, and our apprentice grill masters Toma, Alex, and all others who slaved over hot grills as well as Lica and Mike.
- Our utterly fantastic kitchen crew Zoie, Vasilica, Mariana, Victorita, Elena, Carmen, and Sultana who prepared, sliced, diced, cooked, and feed everyone in attendance beyond satisfied.
- Our outstanding food servers Adriana, Alexandra, and Iulia who kept everything running smoothly and the plates full.
- Our beverage team of Paul and Dan who kept us well hydrated and did a fantastic job as usual.
- Our Meet and Greet master Nicky, who provided us with an assortment of slanina, sides and in-depth cultural education on the different varieties of native Romania tuica and palinca. Noroc!
- The DJ who kept us all circling and dancing until we could dance no more… Bogdan along with our own Iuliana and our young Romanian kids choir.
- Our pastry and coffee ladies Carmen, Mirela (YaYa), Violeta, and Cati as well as Alina, Sultana, Kyratsa, Emi, Victoria, Patricia, and Veronica and everyone else who baked and donated… making the festival all the sweeter!
- And let us not forget our behind the scenes people who kept it all going, Dave, Felix, Ionut, Eric, Pilu, Simona, and our popcorn man Alex.
- Last but not least our front line Cristina, Florentina, and Olga who kept close account of the donations well into the night.
We are TRULY HUMBLED by your devotion and support the St. Brancoveni Romanian Orthodox Church!
In case you forgot what it looked like…
Click here to view more pictures and videos of this special day.
Greetings in Christ
This Saturday, September 23rd at 10am, please join us as we celebrate the Divine Liturgy once again at St. George Greek Orthodox Church located at 238 W Rocks Rd in Norwalk CT followed our always delicious coffee hour.
We Are Family “Suntem o Familie” T-shirts on sale now!
St. Brancoveni ROC “We Are Family – Suntem o Familie” t-shirts will be available for pre-order over the next few weeks to celebrate our church’s journey thus far. A signup sheet will be available at the candle table and we will look to submit our first order in the next month or so.
September Newsletter is Here!
August 2017 Newsletter
July 2017 Newsletter
June 2017 Newsletter
Online Donations Available Now!
If you would like to make a donation to the St. Brancoveni Romanian Orthodox Church community,
For General Fund giving, click here:
To give to our building fund, click here:
St. Brâncoveni ROC Schedule
- Saturday September 16th: NO LITURGY due to Fall Festival.
- Saturday, September 23rd: Celebrate the Divine Liturgy in Norwalk at St. George Greek Orthodox Church at 10am followed by coffee hour.
Our Fr. Vincentiu presents His Eminence Metropolitan Nicolae a special gift from the church during his visit for our Hram in August in Norwalk.
- FIrst Annual Fall Festival at Holy Ghost Park in Shelton CT – Sept 17th, 2017
- Hram and His Eminence Metropolitan Nicolae Visit – August 5th, 2017 in Norwalk CT
- First Year Anniversary, May 20th, 2017 in Norwalk, CT
- Holy Week, 2017
- Romanian Heritage Festival from Sunday, Sep 25th at Holy Ghost Park in Shelton
- Sunday, August 21st: Our Hram in memory of the Holy Brancoveanu Martyrs (Middletown NY)
- Our First Service at St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Norwalk, CT
- Group Photo at St George in Trumbull, July 3rd
- Saturday Liturgy and Memorial Service and Reception, June 18th
- Sunday Liturgy at St. John’s Chapel in Stamford CT, June 12th
- Saturday Liturgy at St. John’s Chapel in Stamford CT, June 4th
- Agape Weekend at St. Dimitru Monastery in Middletown, NY, May 21-22nd
Subscribe for Updates
If you would like to subscribe to our email list, please fill out the following form. THANK YOU!